Me: "Lets try Koinonia for dinner"
Waz: "Sounds great! When when when? Sat, Sun night?"
Gaz: "I'd always assumed that Koinonia was owned and operated by religious zealots that were using it for some underhanded and sneaky way to spread the gospel to unsuspecting Mt Lawley residents. Pentecostal Christians love that word"
Me: "Well okaaaay...but the food does look good, I'm keen just so long as Gaz doesn't stand on any chairs and yell at the waitresses....again"
Gaz: "They'll be yelling their religious taunts at ME, bloody Pentecostals"
So once we had ascertained that the place wasn't run by some freaky cult we decided to hit the place this evening and wow.
If you haven't eaten there already you really should right now.
We started with Duck pancakes, san choy bow and salt & pepper squid. Wonderful, although the squid was a tad too floury for my liking but nothing to complain about.
For mains I had the Pad Thai, quite possibly the greatest Pad Thai I have ever had anywhere ever. Waz had a wok fried vermicelli noodle dish with prawns and squid (I think) topped with desiccated fried onion and Gaz had a delicious bowl of vegetables tossed in (help me out here Gaz I can't remember exactly)
Then and only because Gaz forced me we had dessert, Gaz had the sticky rice pudding with ice cream and I had the Tempura battered Banana with vanilla ice cream, cream and toffee sauce. Double wow.
All washed down with a Pewsey Vale Pinot Gris and a Single Vineyard something (help me here guys I forget again, man I gotta pay more attention) well whatever it was it was very nice.
So this could be a new fav haunt, $43 a head for 3 courses, not bad at all. And suprise suprise we weren't accosted by monks in robes encouraging us to chant. However the writing on the restaurant wall encouraging fellowship, virtue and loving thy neighbour had us wondering a bit.
Waz: "Sounds great! When when when? Sat, Sun night?"
Gaz: "I'd always assumed that Koinonia was owned and operated by religious zealots that were using it for some underhanded and sneaky way to spread the gospel to unsuspecting Mt Lawley residents. Pentecostal Christians love that word"
Me: "Well okaaaay...but the food does look good, I'm keen just so long as Gaz doesn't stand on any chairs and yell at the waitresses....again"
Gaz: "They'll be yelling their religious taunts at ME, bloody Pentecostals"
So once we had ascertained that the place wasn't run by some freaky cult we decided to hit the place this evening and wow.
If you haven't eaten there already you really should right now.
We started with Duck pancakes, san choy bow and salt & pepper squid. Wonderful, although the squid was a tad too floury for my liking but nothing to complain about.
For mains I had the Pad Thai, quite possibly the greatest Pad Thai I have ever had anywhere ever. Waz had a wok fried vermicelli noodle dish with prawns and squid (I think) topped with desiccated fried onion and Gaz had a delicious bowl of vegetables tossed in (help me out here Gaz I can't remember exactly)
Then and only because Gaz forced me we had dessert, Gaz had the sticky rice pudding with ice cream and I had the Tempura battered Banana with vanilla ice cream, cream and toffee sauce. Double wow.
All washed down with a Pewsey Vale Pinot Gris and a Single Vineyard something (help me here guys I forget again, man I gotta pay more attention) well whatever it was it was very nice.
So this could be a new fav haunt, $43 a head for 3 courses, not bad at all. And suprise suprise we weren't accosted by monks in robes encouraging us to chant. However the writing on the restaurant wall encouraging fellowship, virtue and loving thy neighbour had us wondering a bit.
Next door is possibly the best bookshop in all of Perth, Planet Books, which is open till 11pm, my god a shop open in Perth beyond 9pm, what is going on. I picked up some great books, including a couple by Leonard Cohen and the original I am Legend (better than the movie) encouraged Waz to buy Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Gaz grabbed Fathoms Five (that's gonna be a ripper of a read isn't it Gaz ahahaha)






Comments
OK, so it was a Becketts Flats 2007 single vineyard verdelho, you got my dinner right and Gaz's veges were in a satay sauce.
lol
Is that a new restaurant? I don't remember it the last time I was in PErth.
Planet is the best, I always score awesome wrapping paper for gifts from there