From a Danish campaign to encourage the wearing of bicycle helmets which is not mandatory there yet contradictorily along with the Netherlands has the best bicycle safety record in the world. What would you do if a cop did this here though? I'd be a little freaked out. Ha!
Comments
Mandatory helmet use is a well-intentioned but ultimately self-defeating rule. Essentially, it promotes cycling as overly dangerous, which means less people cycling, which means motorists aren't as used to cyclists on the roads, which means the few cyclists that are left end up the worse off for it.
I could go on for another few pages with tangent arguments, but just remember kids - helmets make the individual safer, but mandatory use is baaaaad! Down with this sort of thing!
yeah I thought it was dutch but then I checked it out more and it seems the Danes like to ride almost as much as the dutch
I hear ya on the mandatory thing, it's put me off riding and there is a definate reduction on bike numbers in my home town and we have perfect riding conditions...mostly