Last night I had dinner with Karks & Marcs. Karks has a habit of eating almost everything with chopsticks! Which is fine, but sometimes I can't be stuffed turning my dinner into a torturous affair and opt for the tried and tested fork! I mean what is it with the bloody chopstick, two pieces of straight wood and billions of humans world wide use em to pick up small grains of rice!!
I mean who the hell thought that would be a good idea? I'm sure Asian people used shovels somewhere in their daily routine, did the thought never occur to them "hey a smaller version of this shovel would be cool for picking up all that rice on my plate!", "I could call it a um er......spoon!!"
Anyway, this lady has a bit of an axe to grind over the use of disposable eating utensils, including bamboo chopsticks. She does some interesting visual displays using the throw away sticks. She's collected tens of thousands of the lil suckers. She even has a blog about it all.
------------------------o-----------------------
HA!! This is great, as I'm sitting writing this entry I get a spam email, usually I just delete them, but this one caught my eye. Now I have to ask myself why did I spend 4 years of my life at university and all that money to get those letters after my name when all I had to do was this.....
Hurry, I'm not sure how long that offer is good for!!


Comments