Why am I still awake? Why is it 1.50am? Why do I have Nick Cave in my headphones at this ungodly hour? Why does this theme seem to be suddenly taking grip? Am I losing my grip? I dunno. Melancholy haze!
It seems I have suddenly attracted a kind of then and now thing. So rather than fight it, I'll go with it. Purge the demon so to speak. This site shows a series of pictures of cities in Europe affected by WWII. Some startling images.
------------------------o-----------------------
The planet, she dies senor`!
This horrendous picture shows the destruction of the rainforest along the Brazilian/Paraguayan border. It only took 30 years to do that. When I was a kid I watched B-grade Sci Fi movies where whole civilisations existed entombed in chambers of steel and concrete. I fear this may actually be a reality one day. Trees and grass will be museum exhibits and we will all breath artificial air. Somehow it doesn't seem like sci fi anymore, the reality is terrifying!!
------------------------o-----------------------
I seem unable to make this post entirely despondent. Fortunately one of Nicks more uplifting songs is now caressing my brain, so perhaps this lil gem is worth a look. It made me laugh earlier today and reading it again once again brings a smile to my face :o) Bring out the gimp!!
2.18am - the sanctuary of sleep beckons me - ha! I think Nick could use that line in a song.



Comments