DELI

Don't get me wrong, I love my local deli, it has many wondrous epicurean delights. So many that I haven't even begun to taste them all. However, every time I go in there lately I have a little smile. You see, it's these pictures of food platters they've put up along the counter.

delideli

That's them strung down the line. I guess it's the ex chef in me but I look at these things and wonder who the hell would pay money for that. Have a closer look and you'll see what I mean.

deli

deli2

deli1

Bless em, I mean they're trying to offer a new service, but your grandmother could make something like that. No your grandmother DOES make something like that. So nobody would pay for that right?.......... yeah think again, as I walk in there this afternoon a dude is walking out with 2 trays of something or other. I had to sigh inwardly, this town is never gonna rise up out of the 70's food wise is it. Never.

Asparagus Vol au Vents anyone?

Comments

Ranx said…
If that's the Deli i think it is, it used to be my favourite place to visit on a Saturday morning with a hangvoer (in my pre-child days :-)