WELCOME TO THE STEWART COPELAND SHOW

The Police, ME Stadium, Perth Feb 1st, 2008


I didn't expect too much from this gig, I mean it's almost 30 years since The Police were at their peak. Where we going to see a group of tired worn out musicians squeezing every last cent out of the brand for their retirement funds?
.
They hit the stage just as we arrived, Sting looked fit and studly, Copeland looked like a drummer and apart from the greyish hair nothing much had changed, only Andy Summers had the look of a guy who used to be a rock star. But he held up his end of the bargain just as well as the others.
.
Was it a brilliant show, well yeah, it didn't blow me away in the same way The Cure did last year but I had a great time and I almost remembered every word to almost every song. They were almost flawless on stage. It was as if the 80's hadn't ended, you never felt like you were watching a great band 30 years too late. In fact it was 1978 again.................ahhhhh Roxanne.
.
So my view of the stage was limited, due to the tall timber standing in front of me, that and anyone 5ft 8 and over is considered tall timber for me. I still managed some good views, Sting and co were hardly seen, thank god for the big screens.
.
Best bit was.....
.
Sting "Okay Western Australia, this is your chance to show that you're the loudest state in America................eh ah in Australia"
.
OMG was that a spinal tap moment or what? ahahahahaha. "What city are we in again?"

ArrivalPoliceSting and StuartRed PoliceStingMontageRed

Copeland

The pic above is what you get when you try to zoom in on a drummer in full bash mode.
.

Can't Stand Losing You

King Of Pain

Voices Inside My Head

Walking On The Moon
.
I had my camera set to HQ instead of SHQ so my vids sadly aren't all that great, these are a few of the better ones.

View

I had a great view of the back of this dudes head all night.

Dave and Dave

"And then they were like..................gone" :o(

Comments

Ranx said…
G'day Stu,

I went Saturday night. There were a few "Awesome!!" moments, like Stewart Copeland in Invisible Sun, but a couple of times I got a "Carols by Candlelight" vibe, like it was a Police Sing-a-Long. Still, their sound was tight as, amazing what a 3 piece can do together. And Fergie was hot.