Rain to my right......stuck in the middle is me.
.
Sorry that was probably my lamest intro ever.
.
That bushfire from yesterday is growing in size and still slowly heading our way. It's currently burning near our airport which delayed a flight out tonight, it's making for some spectacular night skies.
.
Sorry that was probably my lamest intro ever.
.
That bushfire from yesterday is growing in size and still slowly heading our way. It's currently burning near our airport which delayed a flight out tonight, it's making for some spectacular night skies.
.
Years ago when i first started working up here I saw my first bushfire, my first thought was "when the hell are they gonna go put it out?" pretty quickly I realised that was one of the dumber things I've ever thought. There is no bush fire brigade out here, no SES, no aircraft or helicopters to attack it like back home. It just burns.
Starting to rain outside right now, hopefully it drifts over to the fire and that's the end of it. I so don't want a fire/evacuation alarm in the early hours of the morning, that'll ruin my day.
I made a vid of the fire on the way back to camp tonight.

Comments
when one starts quoting song lyrics ,
means ones pissed ;o)