SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS

Final act of the festival of Perth and my second trip to Becks Music Box this week. WOW!!

Photobucket


.
How come I had never heard of this group before, what a voice that girl has and what a tight outfit those boys are. They rocked the house, there wasn't a person there who wasn't dancing, well there was one, more on him later.
.
Explosive from the get go, they soon had everyone screaming and cheering. Miss Jones pulled a succession of young guys up on stage with her to grind a few dance steps with or to educate them in the art of soulful lovemaking. And as the girls with me stated, "see, proof that even a larger woman can be sexy" Damn right she can be

So she pulled a few boys up on stage and really only one of them could dance, but then she grabbed 4 girls up there and these chicky babes knew how to strut their stuff, absolutely brilliant.

Here's Sharon Jones gittin dooooown


I only had my phone cam with me this time. The white human blob things in the second pic are the girls doin their thang on stage, didn't really work though did it.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Perth

Now back to the non dancing guy. A tall quiet type who just stood behind us staring at the stage and rarely showed any emotion. That's cool, we all enjoy gigs in our own way, I wasn't feeling like dancing all that much myself last night, but I did. Mostly though I have one thing to say to this guy (I'm sure he's reading)

Dude, when a fairly hot girl squeezes her way through a tight crowd and comes up to you and says "Um, hi. Um are you by any chance Mark?"

You say "Why yes I am"

Not "No"

It doesn't matter that your name is actually Sebastian, she probably knew full well you weren't Mark, proven by her hesitant reply "Oh.....um...(eyelid patter) okay then"

You let her leave? By saying you are Mark the ice is broken, you can immediately joke it off, dude she squeezed past 20 people to get to you, she noticed you because you're 12 feet tall.

Sigh. I could have been Mark haha!

Comments