My good buddy Dave (Macca) Mac put me onto this book and when I saw it on sale yesterday during my shopping frenzy, well I had to have this book. Sale or not I was going to have it because it's the most amazing book.
If you haven't heard of elBulli then you obviously hate food and need read no further, oh and as a friend you are now dead to me.
But this book kind of makes me wanna be a chef again, well kinda, just a little, not all that much. I have to say I haven't enjoyed a book about food this much since I first grasped my copy of Marco Pierre Whites' White Heat back in my apprentice days.
This restaurant has 2, 000, 000 requests (yes that's 2 million) for reservations a year for only 8, 000 places. So yeah it's a little difficult to get in and probably in all reality means my list of restaurants I need to eat at before I die will require some alterations.
The book details a single day in the life of the restaurant, showing the prperations right through to the last diner leaving. You don't get a menu to choose from at elBulli, you simply eat that which the chef presents to you and it's a progressive dinner, so you start on the terrace and move through the various rooms of the restaurant grazing at wonderful morsels as you go.
Damn I need to get a reservation there....somehow
.
.
But this book kind of makes me wanna be a chef again, well kinda, just a little, not all that much. I have to say I haven't enjoyed a book about food this much since I first grasped my copy of Marco Pierre Whites' White Heat back in my apprentice days.
This restaurant has 2, 000, 000 requests (yes that's 2 million) for reservations a year for only 8, 000 places. So yeah it's a little difficult to get in and probably in all reality means my list of restaurants I need to eat at before I die will require some alterations.
The book details a single day in the life of the restaurant, showing the prperations right through to the last diner leaving. You don't get a menu to choose from at elBulli, you simply eat that which the chef presents to you and it's a progressive dinner, so you start on the terrace and move through the various rooms of the restaurant grazing at wonderful morsels as you go.
Damn I need to get a reservation there....somehow
.

Comments