It just so happened that I was in Canberra over the weekend and it just so happened that I visited the Australian War Memorial while I was there. I've wanted to go there for a very long time. We didn't have much time to spare so what we did have was spent there. Around three hours all up and I think we missed some stuff, we needed about another hour. It's a pretty impressive place and the museum within is one of the best I've ever visited. I'll post some shots of the collection later.
I had a bit of a surprise bonus while I was there. We'd just come out of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and I'd just snapped the pic above, when I looked to my right, without moving a step, to find that I'd placed myself right in front of someone with my surname. It's not a popular surname and as such I'm pretty certain that most of us are related somewhere back along the line. I think through a great great grandfather and his brothers. This is yet to be determined but I was pretty happy to find it and now I have some researching to do. (Which has already begun and massive thanks to my gal pal Claire for her help on this)
![]() |
| I'm not one for glorifying war but at least this tribute to the lives destroyed by it is extremely well done |








Comments
http://ramblingsofanirishman.blogspot.ie/2012/01/day-131-seymour.html
https://www.flickr.com/photos/brianmca/sets/72157632491892966/