TODAY I SAW

A mad rush to get everything done today that I would usually do over a week. Mostly cos I'm off to Melbourne for 3 days of fun, so I did a lot of driving and a lot of walking and this is what I saw....

A broken down car at a very busy intersection with 4 dudes pushing it. Then I noticed the pram on the footpath with the young kid in it. The pram (and the kid no doubt) obviously belonged to one of the dudes because he kept looking over his shoulder to see if the pram had rolled off the sidewalk and into traffic! Um, if you're pushing a child in a pram and there is no where to secure the pram then the breakdown is NOT your problem man. Move on, you seriously fail as a parent. Note that the pram was left on a slight hill with (it appeared) only the front wheels turned to prevent it rolling. Unfortunately, following my quick calculations, those very same wheels were turned in a way as to ensure that if it did roll it was going straight into the road. I'm sure daddy loves you son.

Not 1 but 2 old men crossing busy roads at a snails pace, sure they chose gaps in the traffic but simple physics ensures a vehicle travelling at 60km/hr will close that gap pronto when the opposing force is moving at grandpas/hr. Second one even had two walking canes. God I'm so not looking forward to old age (I can assure you that both made it safely....this time)

I read a text message from Waz and Steve who are, as I write this, partying amongst the clubs of Ibiza, Spain .
"Tiesto last night, Judge Jules Sun night, where shall tonight take us"
Yeah, jealous is a word that fails to describe how I felt whilst reading that.

A man standing in the Murray St Mall in front of the Commonwealth bank wearing a paper mache pigs head, holding a briefcase and a sign. Protesting swine flu? I thought. Did the sign say please sneeze into tissues? Nup, he was protesting the above bank, they were apparently a pack of swines for taking his and our money. Hmmm that's actually my bank and they have all of my money, shit I better call them in the morning to make sure they are willing to give it back when I so desire. This half pig half human could be onto something. If not then stop it you're scaring the kiddies.

My hair on the floor of my hairdressers as I got a trim. Then the oddest thing happened and it's still annoying me now. The owner of the shop came over and said "Stu, my client over there has a sixth sense and she said you're doing something and you need to watch out for green, yellow is good but green is bad"

Er, um okaaaaaay. I slithered away as fast as I could but I couldn't ignore this damn prediction. I don't believe in this crap but it still messed with my head all day. To the extent that a few hours later I was buying a new laptop bag and the only one they had on show that fitted mine was...yep you guessed it GREEN. I really liked it too, but I had to ask if they had any others and the shop guy went out the back and came back with a grey and black one which I didn't like anywhere near enough and yet I bought it. I seriously rejected the green one. Curse you old woman

I saw a bag get packed and an iPod get charged. I'm on my way and if a nervous guy wearing a green jumper sits next to me on that plane tomorrow I am seriously getting straight off it.
.

Comments