HEY YOU, DO YOU CARD?

 An update on this post from last christmas, well more of a progress report really. This year I posted around 75 christmas cards to family and friends, all over Australia and another seven countries across the globe. Why so many you might ask? Barely enough I might reply!

Am I on a quest? Possibly, I really would like to bring the tradition of sending cards for christmas and birthdays back to the fore again. To offer peeps an alternative to sending texts, emails or the sad "facebook reminded me it's your birthday, so happy birthday (I guess)" messages. 

Am I winning? Hell no, last year the send/return ratio was 83/14, the year before was 80/10, the year before that 76/7. This year it was 75/14, by percentage of return it was a small win or loss, I'm not sure, I'm not a percentage scientist. 

Look, it's not really the amount I get back, it's honestly the knowledge that folks are enjoying getting the cards, I know they enjoy it  because I still get a lot of texts, emails and messages telling me they do!

Anyway, I'm in it for the long haul, so hang in there with me for next years update...



Comments