OLD CORNER DELI # 3

 Continuing the theme of Old Corner Delis with this transformation that has taken a few years but now appears complete. Well almost complete, it looks like they're opening a wine bar behind the deli soonish. This is awesome news because it's walking distance from my place and it's really all about me right?!

I used to visit this deli a lot when it was as it is in the first shot. They used to stock fresh croissants every wekend and people bought them in truckloads, including me, so many croissants...


Eventually the croissant loving owners sold up and it kinda ran along okayish for another 10 years, without croissants, but slowly they decreased their stock items, and stopped offering the little touches that made it a popular haunt. This is usually a good sign a place is failing and so it was. They sold up and the new owners decided to strip it back to its original shell and it was looking real interesting for a while, what was coming? Except they just sort of stopped with the renovation and left it looking like  a whole lot of sad...



I mean, look at those details, it was screaming out for a full makeover, a great location in the section of a suburb hanging for a cool spot. And then, two years ago, along came someone with a cool vision, not gonna say I told them to (cos I didn't) but they clearly travelled along the same vibe path as me and now we have this...



The bottom picture is its final form, sans the aforementioned wine bar, and I'm not really digging the apartment development behind it, but I have the ability to block that out as I pass and remain content in the saving of this lil gem. Oh and it's a busy spot, I just have the knack of photographing places without people.

Corner Central Avenue and Clifton Crescent, Mount Hawthorn


Comments