FOUND PHOTOS DUPLICATED

 I've been doing a bunch of historical archaeology work in the forest around Jarrahdale this week and Jarrahdale is right next to the Serpentine Dam. So a perfect opportunity to try and relocate and duplicate the photos my late father took back in 1961 at the opening of the dam. I've blogged about those photos, which I found as negatives and had developed, previously. Now I thought it would be cool to go back and try and recreate some of the shots.

I managed to get three of them done, with varying degrees of success. Mostly due to the vegetation that has sprung up over the past 50 years. 



I had a bit of trouble finding this garden bed with the Aboriginal motif, mostly because the depth of field in dad's camera was a bit deceptive. I was looking for a road near the dams edge when in fact the shot was taken up the hill from the on site cafe. The garden bed is immediately in front of the cafe outdoor dining area and not down close to the dam as I first thought

The next shot was much easier to get, although again the vegetation is massively different, everything else was pretty much still there.



The last shot was really hard to replicate. It was also taken from the rear of the cafe but the vegetation again made it almost impossible to get the correct angle or view. But I was just happy to stand where dad had stood 50 years ago and do it all again.




You can check out the rest of the found photos here 

Comments