RANT III

I really shake my head in disbelief at this one.


The Hot 97 Morning Show, led by Miss Jones, has been suspended indefinitely for performing a parody ridiculing victims of the catastrophic tsunamis that occurred in South Asia recently. The song replaced verses from the hit 1980s song "We Are the World" with lyrics like, "Go find your mommy/I just saw her float by/ a tree went through her head/and now the children will be sold to child slavery."

Miss Info, a Korean-American member of the morning crew, expressed her disapproval prior to the airing of the parody, and was consequently reproached by Miss Jones and comic Todd Lynn, who rebuked, "I'm going to start shooting Asians."

I know comedians think there is comedy in everything, but nah ah! this is just wrong.

Still they got some punishment, but hardly enough in my books, why would you continue to employ them? Why because of ratings baby, yeah!! What's that old adage, "Any publicity is good publicity" Shock Jocks (even bad ones like this lot) BITE ME!!

Comments