RANT IV

A few days ago I had a rant, number 3 I believe! It was about chain letter emails. I touched briefly on them and then digressed into the Tsunami emails.

Well after the last few days I think I need to revisit this topic, and thus my rant begins!!

I got an email from someone (names suppressed to protect the guilty) urging me to -

Send this message to 10 people, with a copy to champagne@veuve-clicquot.fr
Veuve Clicquot France will contact you in order to deliver to you a case of champagne in three weeks. They are doing this to enlarge their database.
It does work and you receive 6 bottles in 15 days.


Yep, sounds too bloody good to be true doesn't it. What is wrong with people these days, intelligent mature people I know are still falling for this shit. Hang on........

"Hello, my name is Basmati Kasaar. I am suffering from rare and deadly diseases, poor scores on final exams, extreme virginity, fear of being kidnapped and executed by anal electrocution, and guilt for not forwarding out 50 billion fucking chain letters sent to me by people who actually believe that if you send them on, then that poor 6 year old girl in Arkansas with a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to have it removed before her redneck parents sell her off to the travelling freak show."

It's time to make a stand people, dont perpetuate this bullshit. These emails urge you to send them on to 10 "friends". FRIENDS? I wouldn't send this to my friends, I don't lay trips like this on my friends. I don't want my friends to think that just because - Miranda Pinsley was walking home from school on Saturday. She had recently received this letter and ignored it. She then tripped in a crack in the sidewalk, fell into the sewer, was gushed down a drainpipe in a flood of poopie, and went flying out over a waterfall. Not only did she smell nasty, she died. This Could Happen To You!!! - that it will happen to them!!

Look, if it's funny, send it on. Don't piss people off by making them feel guilty about a leper in Botswana with no teeth, who's been tied to a dead elephant for 27 years, whose only savoir is the 5 cents per letter he'll receive if you forward this mail, otherwise you'll end up like Miranda. Right?

Now forward this to everyone you know otherwise you'll have to look at me naked.

Comments