GIVE US BACK ANZAC DAY

ANZAC day has come and gone, live TV coverage to Australia of the service from ANZAC Cove, 20 000 people attend, it gets bigger and bigger every year. By the 100th anniversary I bet you will have to go into a lottery to be able to attend, there just isn't enough room there.

But I sadly shake my head when I see what the service has become, there are laser light shows, and big screens with music played on them as "entertainment" for the masses there. Sure the screens are fine as it is a huge crowd and not all can see what's happening, but what the feck do the Bee Gees and Eric Clapton have to do with the ANZAC dawn service?? I mean really, is Stayin Alive an appropriate song for this occasion. I've always wanted to go to Gallipoli, and I shall, but I doubt I will attend on ANZAC day, I'll head there at another time of the year so as to avoid the "Hollywood" farce it is becoming.

Comments