LIVE 8

Saint Geldof is at it again! He's just announced the lineup for Live 8, a massive live, broadcast, and online, 5 stages in 5 cities show that aims to raise awareness of poverty in third-world nations. Geldof hopes the show will influence the world leaders present at the upcoming G8 Summit in Scotland in July.

Now I am of the age (sadly) that I remember the first Live Aid concert. We and everyone else around the world had a party that night with the concert beamed live into the lounge room. We had it at a girlfriends house - Penny - and the bonus being that next door to Penny lived 4 models, pretty prominent ones too, well prominent for Perth, Australia in the 80s :o) In fact I think I have a pic of me at that party somewhere! Sadly no models in my vicinity :o(

liveaidparty0001

Yes, yes I am aware of what I am wearing, it WAS the 80s OK!!

But I digress, the original concert was awesome, Queen were the highlight and I say that being a huge U2 fan at the time. But Freddie had the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Venues for the July 2 events include London's Hyde Park, a location near the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Circus Maximus in Rome and along Philadelphia's Benjamin Franklin Parkway at the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Negotiations for the Paris venue were continuing.

Sadly we here in Oz will probably just have to settle for watching it on TV again, wonder if the party will be as wild as the one in the 80s, the drugs will be different that's for sure :o)

Make poverty history

Comments