I LOVE THIS SH!T

No, this picture does not signify that I have been rejected in love yet again. Not this month at least :o) It comes from this site, which is a collection of pictures and notes that people find on the ground and they scan em and post them there. I love that sort of stuff. It's kinda like interacting with the anonymous, plus you can let your imagination run wild with this stuff, which is all healthy and good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Something along the same wavelength as this is Book Crossing:

bookcrossing

n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.

What a great idea, I know it's big in England, but I think Perth is just way too small for something like this to take off.

But something I have always thought would be a great thing to do is to buy a heap of disposable cameras, then send them to random people around the world. I'd ask them to photograph their lives, their environment whatever they wanted really and then send em back to me. There could be some amazing stuff to come out of it. Here's a similar example, although I don't think the camera ever left the mail sorting room of the post office :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

stu said…
Cool, thanks for restoring my faith in Perths' ability to be "not boring" :o)

A doctors surgery huh? Sure it wasn't part of the "please dont remove magazines" section ;o)