IT'S YA BIRTHDAY

So it's like our 3rd date. This time she's asked you out for a drink with some of her friends, you're thinking hmmm bit soon to be meeting her friends, but what can you do, you have to go. You see you're not really sure this relationship is gonna work, but you're willing to give it a go and see what happens.

Then in casual conversation you ask her when her birthday is, she goes silent. Hmmm, "what's up?" you ask, "well, its just that these drinks are actually for my birthday!" she says. "Your birthday? So what, you weren't gonna tell me?" I say. "I wasn't" she replies. "So I was just gonna walk in there and meet all of your friends and they'd be like giving you presents and stuff and that's how I would have found out?" Jesus!!

Seems she just didn't want to tell me cos she didn't want me to have to buy her a present as its just the 3rd date and all. Nice sentiment, but man would I have felt and looked like a prat on the night or what. How good would I have looked to all of these strangers when I go "Oh well um happy birthday then, I erm got ya this um er drink coaster?"

So now I know, but this just led to a whole different issue, what do you get someone you've known for 3 weeks for their birthday?

I got her something, but that's between her and me ;o)

Comments