JUST "SHOW" ME

It's Royal Show time again and I hadn't been for a long time, so I ventured out on Monday! The Royal Show is one of those things that's kinda safe, safe because it really never changes. It's been the same old show since I can remember, the same things in the same place doin the same things!

So I think I can wait a few more years before going again. But I had fun. Some things that are changing are the old buildings, they're disappearing at a fast rate. Happily this old hamburger shaped stall is still there. Although instead of being on a busy thoroughfare its now at the end of a path, so pretty quiet.
show
There's still plenty of old fashioned stuff like the wood-chopping, I'd hate to know how many toes these dudes have left. Animals by the ton, mostly in new pavilions which don't hold the stink like the old wooden sheds, which I think takes away some of the charm. I'm a city boy, so I wanna smell the stink once a year, makes ya feel alive! The original cow and bull stalls are still there.
show3
show 01
show 01 (1)

So that's my nostalgia trip over for another year! Back to wondering why my latest "relationship" has bitten the dust!! Women, go figure!

Comments