THE CHANGING FRONTIER

Another screaming hot day today, but you get used to them, I think it's in the mid to high 40's. It reached 50 last week. It does slow you down though and my water intake has risen to above 8 litres a day. At least I'm eating lunch in the air conditioned office :o)

I took these pics whilst waiting for a few of the crew to catch up during a 500 metre walk yesterday. The heat was certainly taking its toll on their pace. I took these to show the diversity of the Pilbara over even such a small area as 500 metres.

The changes are often extreme, one minute you're in dense spinifex, the next you're amongst a small forest of trees, then plunging into a large creek and back up onto a vast stone pavement. It's kind of a pretty damn cool way to make living.

Pilbara


Pilbara


Pilbara

Comments