SOMETIMES

Sometimes in my job I stumble across some amazing stuff and two days ago I and my team did just that. We were taken to this permanent waterhole in the middle of all this spinifex. Reminded me of an oasis you see in all those Hollywood movies about Arabs from the 40's and 50's. Minus the palm trees and the camels and the Arabs, but you get the idea.
.
(click on the pics then the "all sizes" button for larger versions)

Desolate

Nearby we found an area containing a heap of stone tools, artwork, grinding stones and grinding patches, it was most awesome. Sorry but I can't post pics of that on here.

Waterhole first view

Aidan

This waterhole has water in it all year round so it would have been an important camp site for the local Aboriginal people in the past.

whole

Even took the time to get all artistic like with my photography, capturing Aidan in reflection.

reflect

Comments

Anonymous said…
is the water really pure or what.Did you drink some and whats the taste?

lil bro
stu said…
I didn't drink any, mostly because there was a dead donkey up stream. But it flows and there was life in it, so probably very drinkable when there's no dead donkeys
Anonymous said…
so you had dead donkey shaken not stirred