CHRISTIAN THE LION

Okay, now reading this story then watching the vid may make you get a tear in your eye and a lump in your throat, but that's okay, no really it is. I may or may not have, I'm not saying, I'm just simply saying it's okay if you do........ok?!

This is the story of Christian the Lion

He travelled by Bentley, ate in fine London restaurants and spent his days lounging in a furniture shop.

Christian the lion (named by someone with a Biblical sense of humour) arrived in Chelsea at a time when the King's Road - home to Mick Jagger - was the very heart of the Swinging Sixties.
.
For a year, the Big Cat was part of it all, cruising the streets in the back of a Bentley, popping in for lunch at Casserole, a local restaurant, even posing for a Biba fashion advert.

He pauses, then adds, "And he had a very good sense of humour."


Really?


"Oh yes. Sometimes, he'd see people staring at him through the back window of the car, keep very still on purpose - and then, just when they were convinced he was a stuffed toy, he would very slowly turn his head and freak them out."


So first up read the entire story which you can find here and then watch the video, but do it in that order or it wont make any sense whatsoever.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Comments

Anonymous said…
That is one of the most incredible things i have ever read and seen - amazing story

Waz
stu said…
I love finding stuff like this, stuff that was "an event" before our time and a bit of a big thing, if you catch my drift.
Anonymous said…
That has to be one of the most freaking incredible animal stories I have ever read. Thanks for sharing. I think I've got something in my eye. *cough*

Mr Walker*
stu said…
hahaha ya big sook...........it;s okay to cry man, it's okay :sniff:


:o)