MOLECULAR FOOD BUENOS AIRES STYLE

Ever had it, I haven't. I'm not sure I have ever wanted to either, but after getting this email from Karks I'm a tad more curious. She and Marco are in Buenos Aires at the moment and they went to a molecular restaurant for her birthday last week. Menu went a little something like this.....
.
salted crispy salmon skin, avocado+octopus+lime+coriander, green leaf tempura dipped in soy foam, curried caramel, salami + black olive salt flakes, toast with cherry tomato + white truffle foam and prawn crackers so u ‘get the drift’ of molecular ie. things that taste different to how they look...we prefer Samboy salt and vinegar crinkle cut chips as a reference.
.
after starters we had potato foam with truffle infused egg filled potato box , two temperatures pea soup, salmon with fennel + dill sprouts with truffle powder, white fish with paella juice, pork+ lard roll with radish+mushroom, pork with bitter chocolate sauce with salted pineapple, beef fillet with roasted cherry tomatoes + caramelised onions, sack (like a small scrotum) of tea, chocolate ice cream with thyme+dark chocolate mousse+chocolate cake and white chocolate foam, finally a dark ginger and cointreau infused chocolate :)
.
See what I mean? Interesting and yet not. Haha, I guess I have always rejected the idea of paying for a plate of foam! And what the hell is up with Pork with bitter chocolate sauce with salted pineapple? Sounds like stoner food.
.
That said I will try it one day, just so I know.

Comments