HOME IS WHERE YOUR CASTLE IS

I snapped these pics in Silkwood Queensland. It's a house....erm castle and the "King" wants you to photograph it....okay. The tragedy here is that I suspect the "King" is proud of it.

Good to know that the modern day castle comes equipped with TV reception.

Silkwood Castle  1

Silkwood Castle

The more I look at it the more I see, firstly the front staircase reminds me of an Escher drawing....actually NO the whole damn house reminds me of an Escher drawing.

Photobucket

and then I think of Jan Ter Horsts' house in Fremantle, minus the protest slogans but just as hilarious.

Photobucket

Silkwood Castle 3

Silkwood Castle 2

Although creepily the dome on top reminds me of the Hiroshima memorial and that just took the fun out of it.

Photobucket
.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sadly we will never live long enough to see the finished product. As is it has been under construction for over 20 years. Poor neighbours. Good comparisons Stu.
Mum