A few months ago I bought what I considered at the time to be the sexiest phone on the market. The Touch Diamond from HTC
It had some great features:
It had some great features:
- 2.8-inch touch screen, with four times the pixels of most phones.
- Vibrant TouchFLO 3D user interface, responding perfectly to your finger gestures when scrolling through contacts, browsing the web, and launching media… all vividly displayed as photos and artwork powered by the 3D graphics processor.
- HTC Weather - providing a constant view of weather at home and abroad.
- Surf and download at broadband speed with HSDPA internet connectivity.
- 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera for quality stills and video
- 4GB of internal storage to preserve more photos, music, files and exchanged data than ever before.
- Integrated GPS for use with maps software for a full turn-by-turn satellite navigation experience.
Well yeah it reads nicely and all, the reality is something else, hmmmm where do I begin....
First up I highly recommend reading this post using the voice of Dr Cox from Scrubs. You will feel my pain just that tiny bit more.
I paid $800 for a phone that rings people randomly whilst it is sitting on my desk or where ever, which would be fine if it had a conversation with the randoms but it doesn't it just leaves them hanging until I hear a pipsqueak voice in the distant "hello...hello?".
I cannot hang up without pressing 3 buttons, yes 3 buttons. This is because the 2.8 inch touch screen goes black after 15 seconds which voids any of the touch screen features. You'd think touching the screen would turn it back on...........you'd think.
I cannot answer it without it....
God help me if I have to press a number to proceed through an automated service like oh I dunno - message bank - "to delete the message press 5" oh shit hang on how do I get the keypad back up again, oh yeah, back button, screen lit up, find keypad, oh shit that's right pull out and use the stylus, okay.... oh gosh darn the screens gone black again, repeat previous four steps, ahh good there's the screen and there's the keypad and there's the number 5 and press....except it took that long to do all of that message bank has felt sorry for me and moved onto the next message (one that I haven't listened to yet) and because my phone is in my hands I am unaware of this and I have now deleted the new message.
"Hello....hello?"
I cannot turn the alarm off because the "dismiss this" message has decided to stop appearing, I have to shut the entire phone down to get rid of the noise and then reactivate it. No big deal you say, I guess not, but reactivating means I have to punch in my 4 digit pin each time and then wait for it to reboot all of the data proggies. God help me if it's an emergency.
Don't even ask me about browsing the internet, our lives are way too short for that story
On occasion it just turns itself off for no reason other than because it can and because it appears to have become self aware and now has an opinion, one that wont recognise daylight saving hours in Perth, must remember to NOT let it vote in the upcoming referendum, when it turns itself back on the time is an hour behind. So I spend the rest of the day wondering why I'm late to everything.
I've decided to end this tumultuous relationship and I'm buying an iPhone. Avoid this evil parasite of a phone at all costs, it just....it just has to die.
This has been an ode to my phone
.
.
First up I highly recommend reading this post using the voice of Dr Cox from Scrubs. You will feel my pain just that tiny bit more.I paid $800 for a phone that rings people randomly whilst it is sitting on my desk or where ever, which would be fine if it had a conversation with the randoms but it doesn't it just leaves them hanging until I hear a pipsqueak voice in the distant "hello...hello?".
I cannot hang up without pressing 3 buttons, yes 3 buttons. This is because the 2.8 inch touch screen goes black after 15 seconds which voids any of the touch screen features. You'd think touching the screen would turn it back on...........you'd think.
I cannot answer it without it....
- Cutting off the caller
- Ignoring the call and telling me that it is having problems downloading the latest weather info in Milan - the weather where? who gives a f#ck about the weather in Milan, the people of Milan maybe but I'm half a god damn world away.
God help me if I have to press a number to proceed through an automated service like oh I dunno - message bank - "to delete the message press 5" oh shit hang on how do I get the keypad back up again, oh yeah, back button, screen lit up, find keypad, oh shit that's right pull out and use the stylus, okay.... oh gosh darn the screens gone black again, repeat previous four steps, ahh good there's the screen and there's the keypad and there's the number 5 and press....except it took that long to do all of that message bank has felt sorry for me and moved onto the next message (one that I haven't listened to yet) and because my phone is in my hands I am unaware of this and I have now deleted the new message.
"Hello....hello?"
I cannot turn the alarm off because the "dismiss this" message has decided to stop appearing, I have to shut the entire phone down to get rid of the noise and then reactivate it. No big deal you say, I guess not, but reactivating means I have to punch in my 4 digit pin each time and then wait for it to reboot all of the data proggies. God help me if it's an emergency.
Don't even ask me about browsing the internet, our lives are way too short for that story
On occasion it just turns itself off for no reason other than because it can and because it appears to have become self aware and now has an opinion, one that wont recognise daylight saving hours in Perth, must remember to NOT let it vote in the upcoming referendum, when it turns itself back on the time is an hour behind. So I spend the rest of the day wondering why I'm late to everything.
I've decided to end this tumultuous relationship and I'm buying an iPhone. Avoid this evil parasite of a phone at all costs, it just....it just has to die.
This has been an ode to my phone
.

Comments
welcome to the bubbly and intuitive world of the iphone. it will be your new best friend. you wont want to be far from it.....obsessed much, yes yes yes I am
:fixed:
see, the word "touch" has infected me
and lol at diamond phone and while you've got it can you tell me milan's weather ,
I have family there .......... lol
adz