For two weeks now every time the girl in the unit above mine has a shower water pours down through the ceiling into my bathroom. Immensely shit house situation, every thing in my bathroom is soaked and now it's starting to smell a bit mouldy.
I've been on the agents back to get it fixed and they've been pretty good about dealing with it, it's the plumber that's the issue. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. When he turned up we explained to him the obvious problem, the pipe upstairs must have rusted through (these units are at least 70 years old) and needed replacing.
"Yeah well I'm the plumber I'll tell YOU what's wrong with it okay?"
Go ahead Einstein, knock yaself out, what do we know huh?
After an hour and a half of dicking around he comes back with the earth shattering revelation, wait for it...."Yeah the pipe must have rusted away"
No shit Sherlock, well deduced. Then he just vanishes, gone, nowhere to be seen. Two days later I enquire as to what the frack is going on. The plumbers office rings last Thursday and says we've booked a guy in for Tuesday. "No we can't come any sooner"
Righto, I'll soldier on like a trooper until then shall I? So today is Tuesday and he rolled around this morning. I left for work and returned to this....
I've been on the agents back to get it fixed and they've been pretty good about dealing with it, it's the plumber that's the issue. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. When he turned up we explained to him the obvious problem, the pipe upstairs must have rusted through (these units are at least 70 years old) and needed replacing.
"Yeah well I'm the plumber I'll tell YOU what's wrong with it okay?"
Go ahead Einstein, knock yaself out, what do we know huh?
After an hour and a half of dicking around he comes back with the earth shattering revelation, wait for it...."Yeah the pipe must have rusted away"
No shit Sherlock, well deduced. Then he just vanishes, gone, nowhere to be seen. Two days later I enquire as to what the frack is going on. The plumbers office rings last Thursday and says we've booked a guy in for Tuesday. "No we can't come any sooner"
Righto, I'll soldier on like a trooper until then shall I? So today is Tuesday and he rolled around this morning. I left for work and returned to this....
Not only is there a huge hole in the ceiling but I can see into the bathroom upstairs and daylight through the hole in the outer wall. Whaaaat? So back on the phone to the agent "Blah blah blah bloody huge hole blah blah blah can see daylight..."
They were dumbstruck that this was the situation and assured me it would be repaired tomorrow. No doubt the re painting will take longer, the whole area needs re-painting due to the water damage.
This is why I am buying my own place in a few months....:sigh:
EDIT: (8 April) Oh my god, how crap is this plumber, not only has the above hole in my roof NOT fixed the problem it has in fact made it worse. Upstairs just turned their shower on and now water is pouring in from every direction, it's seriously like it's raining in my bathroom. I mean COME ON when you fix a pipe you would test that it works wouldn't you?? Well wouldn't you? Damn....happy Stu is solidly back at the pillow fight, rock on 8am cos I am so gonna open a can of whoop ass on em #@!*&^!##
.
They were dumbstruck that this was the situation and assured me it would be repaired tomorrow. No doubt the re painting will take longer, the whole area needs re-painting due to the water damage.
This is why I am buying my own place in a few months....:sigh:
EDIT: (8 April) Oh my god, how crap is this plumber, not only has the above hole in my roof NOT fixed the problem it has in fact made it worse. Upstairs just turned their shower on and now water is pouring in from every direction, it's seriously like it's raining in my bathroom. I mean COME ON when you fix a pipe you would test that it works wouldn't you?? Well wouldn't you? Damn....happy Stu is solidly back at the pillow fight, rock on 8am cos I am so gonna open a can of whoop ass on em #@!*&^!##
.

Comments
The best of luck dude in getting it fixed but please keep us all posted on your progress.
lil bro