YEAH I REMEMBER THE EIGHTIES

Barely. A huge part of my life. So much fun you often wish you could do it all again. I was scrounging through some old pics the other day to share with some Melbourne friends from that period. They had all moved over here in the 80's to work at Steves and Clickitys and I haven't seen them for like 20 years, we recently found each other again through facebook. So I think I'll share them here as well cos they are a huge laugh.

I worked at Steves Hotel in Nedlands doing my chef apprenticeship for a good slice of the 80's and Steves were involved in setting up a bar/restaurant in Cottesloe called Clickitys. That place went nuts in its' heyday and most of these pics are from a NYE party there which we all worked. How good are the fluro shirts? and the Nike Hi Tops?

clickitys NYE

clickitys NYE 1



roger NYE

The dude in the pic above is Roger. I can honestly say that I have never met as big a party animal since. This guy just kept on keeping on. He honestly would be the last guy out of any club. Completely insane.

stu and thea

I love this pic, mostly because of the sunglass switch and our hair and because it's Thea and she was one of the coolest chickies I ever knew. We had a very tempestuous on again off again relationship. I really do miss her. Oh and the oversize Stuart Membery shirt hahaha.

orphans xmas 86

Orphans xmas party at the Cottesloe house with the Melbourne crew.

live aid

Am I the only person who never smoked in the 80's? A heap more in my flickr set.
.

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW , You had hair back then - Reb.
stu said…
not on my chest though