SANTA IS GIVING ME THE CREEPS

Yep, upon us again and along with it comes the madness. What is it about Christmas that drives people into a state of temporary insanity? Don't get me wrong I'm just as insane with it as the rest of you. I love christmas, it's just a strangely nice time of the year, but the lead up is over the top. We have 365 days notice of this day, we know it comes around every year, it's not like any of us wake up on christmas day and go "Shit!! it isn't is it?". So with all of this notice why do we leave it till the week before to do our gift shopping. Like I did yesterday when I tried to tackle Morley Galleria



I knew what I wanted, I wasn't browsing, I was attacking this baby special forces style. Hit it hard and hit it fast. Plan the route in your head, have correct change and hit the beach running....only I landed at the wrong beach. My god they've dropped me on the wrong beach surely. In front of me is a sea/swamp/quagmire of stressed out mothers and screaming children, old people being led around so they can buy some christmas toffee for their grand kids, pissed off fathers on holidays waiting for their beloved other half to come out of K Mart "I'll wait here for ya hun", teenage girls running from shop to bloody shop giggling, everywhere it's just swarming with thousands of people...."the horror"



Then there's the social side of christmas. Even though we see our friends week in and week out of every week of the year, we still have to make sure we see each other some time in the week or two before christmas. "We HAVE to catch up for christmas, lets organise a dinner, lets do drinks, lets have a BBQ OMG WTF LOL it's christmas", let's go insaaaaane.

It's good fun aint it? HA!

I think I should just drop a couple of Percodan like this Santa and let it all just happen man



Comments