J.D SALINGER DIED

I didn't exactly go the traditional route through high school, in as much as I never read a classic novel of any kind, except maybe Moby Dick and Robinson Crusoe, but that was when I was really young. So it wasn't until I was in my late twenties that I picked up J.D Salingers Catcher in the Rye. That was the book that changed everything for me, up until that time I hadn't been reading books at all, this was a book. It completely changed the way I selected books to read and it still does to this day. It might be time to revisit it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're lucky ,
we read every farkin' classic , catch , romeo , the glass , 1984 , the lucky , the merchant of , hamlet .... the list goes on and on ...... book report after farkin' book report .

I stopped reading books in 1990 while traveling europe , reading and travelling europe seemed the ultimate waste .
Actually , i read 1 more book after that and it was in 1993 and it was STARK , the book , STARK by ben elton ,
a bit poinient now , if you believe the hype ....... but hey 6 kilos of pure heroin and a trip to the moon to repopulate the earth with uber arian gurls , there are worst ways to die . - Reb .
stu said…
ahhh Reb, but there's just so much more to read now since 1990 ;)
Anonymous said…
problem is that they turn them into movies and you spend the whole movie going '' that's not right '' .
They did that to STARK and I still feel ripped off ...... even though it had Jacqueline McKenzie in it - Reb .
stu said…
yeah....I can't argue with that ;/