"Hey dude
You in Town?? Got a spare Dirty 3 ticket
Interested??"
"Why yes I am"
You in Town?? Got a spare Dirty 3 ticket
Interested??"
"Why yes I am"
So much to see, so much unseen
Wow, what a gig. First up I have to say how much I love the Becks Music Box as a venue, I wish it could be there all year round. But it's not. I was a bit gutted when they first announced the Dirty 3 because I would be away working, this weeks shorter than normal trip changed all of that, I even get to see Tiesto tonight. Good times.
Warren Ellis is I think a controlled nutter/genius. What a performance, he spent the entire night with his electric violin dueling with Jim Turner on drums, his back turned to the audience the entire time. Mick Turner merely stood alongside with his guitar watching the duel unfold.
You didn't mind Ellis's back to you, it didn't matter, you were too deeply involved with the music to care if you could see his scruffy bearded mug or not. Besides he turned round after each song to banter with us, brilliantly picking up a copy of their 1998 CD Ocean Songs to see which song they were playing next. (They played the album in its' entirety last night, so very 60's of them)
All up a brilliant 2 hours of ....
This year the festival has organised street artists to create pieces in the bar area, it was pretty cool to sip a beer whilst watching Creepy and co paint....
Warren Ellis is I think a controlled nutter/genius. What a performance, he spent the entire night with his electric violin dueling with Jim Turner on drums, his back turned to the audience the entire time. Mick Turner merely stood alongside with his guitar watching the duel unfold.
You didn't mind Ellis's back to you, it didn't matter, you were too deeply involved with the music to care if you could see his scruffy bearded mug or not. Besides he turned round after each song to banter with us, brilliantly picking up a copy of their 1998 CD Ocean Songs to see which song they were playing next. (They played the album in its' entirety last night, so very 60's of them)
All up a brilliant 2 hours of ....
of folk melody, rock energy, elements of classical, chamber music, jazz and blues, Celtic, and other European folk styles - a diverse collection of influences, though the style of music the trio play is uniquely their own, born from years of musical experience.
This year the festival has organised street artists to create pieces in the bar area, it was pretty cool to sip a beer whilst watching Creepy and co paint....
Creepy and Daek One










Comments
I got offered a free ticket as well, but I already had one. Considering where your photos are from, I'm wondering if you snagged the ticket in the end...haha. Surely not!
This is the second gig we've watched from near that spot, it's pretty cool because you have easy access to the bar and close to the stage.
When I was in Perth Becks was on the Perth Concert Hall verandah. I have fond memories of going there every night during the festival. Great music. Open air. Nice mixed crowd. Fab weather.
Reb: nope, I do believe he's currently in the UK