When I heard last year that Tiesto was coming to Perth finally I was so keen to get a ticket and so happy when I did. Imagine my disappointment when I realised earlier this year that my work roster would have me away from home on the day. No Tiesto for me. But again, because of my cut short first stint in the field this year I suddenly found myself going again. So glad I didn't give my ticket away.
Five of us rolled up to Metros around 11pm, I seriously counted 14 cops inside and outside the club. Whoa! I knew Metros had a rep for trouble but this was a trance gig, the room would be full of chemically charged love not aggro yeah? It pretty much was full of the former too, except for a few coked to the eyeballs Guidos everything was pretty mellow. I guess the metal detector and body frisk I had to go through to get in cleaned out the "hundreds of knife wielding youths" our politicians keep warning us about huh? Paleeeeeze.
The place was packed, I wasn't feeling the need to squash in with the masses downstairs so I found a spot on the rails on the second level and watched the set from there. Some of the rest of us preferred the squish and took a break upstairs with Gaz and I when they needed it. The crowd was a really mixed one, along with the speed freak guidos there were Cougars and Asian gangsters mixed in with the lollipop sucking trance freaks. I probably should have deduced from this mix that this wasn't going to be much like my last trance experience with AVB.
To sum it up Tiesto was pretty average, maybe average to good and even straight out good at times, but for the most part it just didn't do it for me. The reason being he was playing his new stuff mostly which is a lot more hardcore than the beachy Ibetha Tiesto that I like. Heaps of people loved the show and reading through some local forums today most loved it, I left an hour before it finished. I have one of Tiestos pod casts playing while I read this, so much better than last night. Well at least I can now say I saw Tiesto, roll on AVB's next visit.
Five of us rolled up to Metros around 11pm, I seriously counted 14 cops inside and outside the club. Whoa! I knew Metros had a rep for trouble but this was a trance gig, the room would be full of chemically charged love not aggro yeah? It pretty much was full of the former too, except for a few coked to the eyeballs Guidos everything was pretty mellow. I guess the metal detector and body frisk I had to go through to get in cleaned out the "hundreds of knife wielding youths" our politicians keep warning us about huh? Paleeeeeze.
The place was packed, I wasn't feeling the need to squash in with the masses downstairs so I found a spot on the rails on the second level and watched the set from there. Some of the rest of us preferred the squish and took a break upstairs with Gaz and I when they needed it. The crowd was a really mixed one, along with the speed freak guidos there were Cougars and Asian gangsters mixed in with the lollipop sucking trance freaks. I probably should have deduced from this mix that this wasn't going to be much like my last trance experience with AVB.
To sum it up Tiesto was pretty average, maybe average to good and even straight out good at times, but for the most part it just didn't do it for me. The reason being he was playing his new stuff mostly which is a lot more hardcore than the beachy Ibetha Tiesto that I like. Heaps of people loved the show and reading through some local forums today most loved it, I left an hour before it finished. I have one of Tiestos pod casts playing while I read this, so much better than last night. Well at least I can now say I saw Tiesto, roll on AVB's next visit.
I wonder if the cougar picked up?



Comments
...it wasn't until the next morning that people were probably saying much the same thing about us...