FOUR AT NINE FOR SEVENISH

Visit # 9 or 73, I'm unsure, to Nine in Northbridge tonight. This place never disappoints and along with Gaz and Waz it's become a fav of ours . Recently refurbished it looks great and we scored a newish menu tonight, still a few regular dishes but some new and interesting additions. It's probably the only place in Perth I would attempt to eat eel, not that I did tonight, but it looked pretty good on the menu.

nine

Most of us started with the sashimi plate. Wow! We had fun guessing what each morsel was and I think we did pretty well. For mains we settled on a couple of sirloins with prawns and mushrooms, a barramundi special and the salmon with scallops? Help me out here Gaz. Some green tea gelato, a chocolate spring roll and a serve of lemon cheesecake for dessert pretty much saw 4 stuffed individuals. All washed down with a lovely Riesling and a pretty good Pinot. (the cheesecake was the only failure of the night and what was I thinking ordering THAT in a Japanese restaurant anyway?)

sashimi

Nine isn't the cheapest restaurant in Perth but it's value for money and worth a regular revisit. You pay a bit more but you get a bit more with some fabulous flavours and visual treats. I would have added more pics but I still haven't worked out how to use my small digi cam in that light properly and most failed. Can't wait to head back for visit # 10.

waiter

Highlight: The sashimi plate
Lowlight: My photography

Score: 8 sushi out of 10

Nine Fine Food on Urbanspoon

Comments

Stella said…
Ooo I love Nine. The last time I was there I had the chocolate spring rolls too.
The Desp. said…
I eventually got around to going for a meal. Delicious! I too, was tempted by the eel, but wussed out in the end.
stu said…
Stella: They're great aren't they?

Desp: yeah it looked good but it's a tough call lol
Garry D said…
Yes Stu, my dish was called 'Salmon and Scallops'. Doesn't really do it justice though.

Although the other main element of the dish was crumbed and deep fried cabbage... tasted delicious but they probably wisely decided to ignore that element when naming the dish.

At least I think it was cabbage...
stu said…
may have been seaweed? you should see the pic I took of it, so bad lol