A few months ago I caught a French flick called Avenue Montaigne, a great film with a fantastic soundtrack. Mostly French pop from the sixties and I thought I'd source the album Not easy to get the actual album on iTunes but I started to check out the individual artists. With the likes of Serge Gainsbourg, Gilbert Becaud and Charles Aznavour there are some very cool and smooth French songs here.

In particular I checked out Serge Gainsbourg. This guy was huge in France, he even had a long love affair with Jane Birkin and a short one with Bridget Bardot, which wasn't bad for a fairly ordinary looking man, but the dude could sing and he could pen a tune which made him a cool dude. A shame his life went off the rails towards the end with alcohol abuse. most spectacularly when he said he wanted to "fuck" Whitney Houston during a live variety show on French TV. Not so cool that time Serge, but ahh well who cares haha.


In particular I checked out Serge Gainsbourg. This guy was huge in France, he even had a long love affair with Jane Birkin and a short one with Bridget Bardot, which wasn't bad for a fairly ordinary looking man, but the dude could sing and he could pen a tune which made him a cool dude. A shame his life went off the rails towards the end with alcohol abuse. most spectacularly when he said he wanted to "fuck" Whitney Houston during a live variety show on French TV. Not so cool that time Serge, but ahh well who cares haha.

But back to the music and I've been buying and downloading some cool tracks lately. So check em out here and click the download button if you want a copy, my gift to you, you cool hipster lovers of French sixties pop you.
Comments