I despise junk mail, I think it's a scourge on our planet. Unless it's the Ikea catalogue or food menus, hey you always need take away menus in your home. Well you sure need em more than you need stupid magnetic real estate calendars. Seriously how many times a year do I look at a calendar? Not that many that I need 20 of them stuck on my fridge. Nor do I shop at Coles simply because the polony is 2c a kilo cheaper than IGA. Christ I hate polony.
So I have invested in a no junk mail sign on my letterbox and it usually works, you see I'm prepared to sacrifice the take away menus if it means no more 20% off your next dog wash offers. But today a new pizza place who shall remain nameless Hero's Pizza on Walcott St managed to penetrate my titanium no junk mail sign of defense and put not 1 but 2 of their menus in there. Normally I would grumble and dispose of infiltrators but these caught my eye....
So I have invested in a no junk mail sign on my letterbox and it usually works, you see I'm prepared to sacrifice the take away menus if it means no more 20% off your next dog wash offers. But today a new pizza place who shall remain nameless Hero's Pizza on Walcott St managed to penetrate my titanium no junk mail sign of defense and put not 1 but 2 of their menus in there. Normally I would grumble and dispose of infiltrators but these caught my eye....
Nice little marketing tool, at first I thought it was two different places and that I'd stumbled into a novelty pizza advertising war, but sadly no. Might give it a go and maybe even review it, unless it's after a night at the Queens cos then I might be clouded into thinking this is the best pizza ever. That happens a lot, best pizza ever, not sure why, especially when the next day I vow never to eat pizza again, or was that drink again I can't remember.

Comments