SATURDAY NIGHT BLUES

Yep it's Saturday night and that makes it 4 solid days that I've been couped up in my house. I've ventured out only twice, once for throat lozenges (this morning 1am) and once for lunch (today). It's not by choice, in fact today was the first time I'd not been strung out on painkillers and was lucid enough to drive. All of this is the result of some surgery I had during the week, I wont go into the gory details I'll just say "Hernia".

So it looks like I have maybe another week of recuperating at home and then 2-3 weeks of light duties after that so I don't tear the stitches inside my body. I'm cool with that because I do NOT want to go back and get opened up again to fix any torn stitches. This week has been way too painful, not the worst pain I've ever felt but it's up there. Plus I have the added bonus of not being able to move freely, which is crappy timing seeing as I just bought a two storey home. I know every last detail of my staircase now, slippery spots, weak spots and creaky spots. You notice a lot when it takes you 30 minutes to navigate 15 steps.

I think the next worst thing has been the non interaction with other life forms, sure there's the phone and my friends and family have been awesome in checking in on me, but I haven't really been up for visits. Being doped to my eyeballs caused that. It's strange not having spoken a word to someone in the flesh for the last 4 days. Can't be good for the brain. I've planned some stuff for next week to make up for it. But in the meantime it's a Saturday night and it's 11pm and I'm bored.

I do have some awesome tunes spinning to keep me company, especially the great deep house chill style of Blue Six. I seriously love their stuff....



nice segue huh? I just didn't want to post another heap of words


Had to laugh whilst sitting in the hospital reception pre surgery on Tuesday. I was listening in on people checking in and their responses to certain questions. Like this....

Reception: "Have you been diagnosed with swine flu in the past few months?"

Patient 1: "Swine flu?"

R: "Yes"

P1: "What? Like pigs"

R: (patiently) "Well yes, but it's called swine flu"

P1: (screwing up nose) "When would I be near pigs? NO!"

or

R: "Have you been diagnosed with bird flu in the past few months?"

P2: "Nup but I've eaten heaps of chicken ho ha ho harrr hah"

R: "Okaaaay, thank you sir"

Hey if he was half as nervous as I was then I fully understand trying crappy jokes to break the mood.

Comments