CITY OF SCROOGE

I noticed this morning that to park in Northbridge for 15 minutes now costs you money. I don't mind paying for parking usually but there used to be at least one bay a street that was for quick pick ups or put downs. Not so much anymore. So now if you want to (for example) just duck into a pastry shop to grab a birthday cake (as I was) you have to duck down the road and find a working ticket machine then duck back to your car and then duck into the shop and well....that's just a whole lotta unnecessary duck if you ask me. It doesn't exactly encourage people to shop in your district now does it oh City of Perth you. I'll just shop local from now on, it's easier and less time consuming.

365 Days | Day 268

I am wondering if you have to pay between 8am and 12 noon on a Sunday though, most confusing sign ever!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi I visit your blog now and then and love your photos(what camera do you use?) Thought I saw you at Fresh Provisions in Mt lawley today(don't know why I thought it was you, maybe you have had a photo of yourself on here) :)
stu said…
Oh no I've been stalked ;)

I kid I kid

yeah that was possibly me I was there around 11am I think.

This picture was run through a prog called Camerabag

http://www.nevercenter.com/camerabag/

very cheap and you get some great effects

right, now I'm gonna be nervous when I go shopping ;)
Anonymous said…
ha ha-were you buying a cupcake among other things?
what camera u got? sorry just curious I have a Minolta that i should learn to use more :)
stu said…
haha yeah, dinner party for a friend tonight and that's sadly her birthday cake, but we have other stuff

I use three
1. Canon SLR 400D
2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10
3. Iphone
Anonymous said…
Nice-I always wanted a Canon but got a Konica Minolta 7D atm (and an orange Lumix DMC-FT1 that came with my telly)and I need to either play with the 7D more or do a course or something. Have downloaded that program you mentioned. Love your photos.
I live in William Street so know most of the places well(and the Pilbara ones look familiar as spent a bit of time up there)
Have fun at dinner party.(cup cake looked great-nearly tempted me although I am trying to stay off sugar:mostly unsuccessfully)
Had noticed your review for West End Deli when we were looking for a lunch place last week-it was good!Going back again this Tuesday.
Notice you work fifo-I did that for 4 years and need to get back into it soon.
The Desp. said…
We've got 1hr parking on our street (ToV part of Northbridge). I think they want to change it to pay parking for EVERYONE including residents. Grab for cash if you ask me, as I've never seen a parking ranger on the street enforcing the 1hr limit.
stu said…
I'd be sending a letter/email to your Councillor mate and find out why and how come