GOIN FOR A LONG WALK - PART TWO

So I moved on down the street past the hipster window monkeys and entered what is pretty safe to call Chinatown these days. There was an attempt to manufacture a Chinatown years ago on Roe st, but apart from Billy Lee's it never really worked did it and the real Chinatown is William st. I was a bit late for the Yum Cha Sunday crush but the remnants were still around....

yum cha

And you know what? Sometimes a dog just wants to lay in the sun on a coldish day EDIT: His name is Frank.

sleep time

365 Days | Day 305

They've kind of funked up all of those dreary grey steps in the cultural centre square thingy

steps 1

steps 2

steps 4

steps 3

I think it's a mix of stories, some historical, some using the number 7, I didn't really figure it out because I was distracted by the huge line to get into the Day in Pompeii exhibit, glad I went last week. This is what you get if you wait till the last day, I'm guessing around 200 peeps....

pompeii line

One of the targets on my long march/walk was a piece by Creepy on some boarding in front of this wall...

creepy gone

clearly gone now and I wonder if it was stolen? Have you seen what a Creepy piece fetches these days? (and it's worth it) Cheaper to steal huh?

poor substitutes

glass

fruity thirst

and I'm thinking the Pharoah fish is just burnt fish, eh? ahuh!

burnt fish

and then after a rummage through William Topp (and one cool lamp later) it was homeward bound and the end of a truly magnificent walk which was like no walk ever walked before and may never be topped.

hyde park


Comments

The Desp. said…
Dude, I'm surprised I'm not in any of these photos! I pretty much walked the same beat. I think the Creepy boards are further up William St now (around the old Kurb gallery), so you would have passed them.
The Desp. said…
ps The Dogs name is Frank.
stu said…
hahaha look closely, you might just be ;)

Nah the Kurb boards were there at the same time as the ones I was headin to, saw them both insitu last week
stu said…
Frank? Seriously? Awesome!
tiff said…
i have met Frank. He is adorable and for sale for $100,000. His human said he is not allowed in the shop unless he is part of the merch, hence the hefty price tag.
stu said…
Ha, I think Frank may now be the coolest dog in all of Northbridge.
I had dinner in Roe St Chinatown the other night and it was pretty cranking, I have to say. Bloody cheap tasty feed too.

I also walked past the pharoah fish sign tonight and literally did a double take, wondering to myself where I'd seen that recently. I'm sure I must have looked funny to the four tourists sitting in there enjoying their burnt fish dinner.
stu said…
I am constantly surprised that the Egyptian restaurant is still open. How they manage to pay their rent is a mystery