Some great lines I've heard or read on this trip
- "We hope your taste buds stay with you after you leave this flight" - Turkish Air inflight menu - yeah, so do I, I need em.
- "Would you like air condition or fresh air?" - Driver on the way to Cairo airport; Redundant part was the offer of fresh air, I mean, it's Cairo
- "For Gentlemen, in the instance of an impact, please loosen your tie and collar and move into the crash position" - Turkish Air pre flight safety announcement; I guess the Turks like their impacts to be a casual affair.
- "How awesome is this building" - Written on the side of a building in Luxor, there was more to it but that's all I saw as we drove past. It was a fairly ordinary building and it was yellow, which just made the bad translation even funnier.
- "I love chance!" - shouted loudly by a shop owner in the Istanbul bazaar, in his attempt to attract tourists to his wares.