P'TITE ARDOISE

I'm pretty sure I called the last restaurant I ate at my new favourite spot but what the hey I'm gonna call it again. Three of us slipped on down to P'tite Ardoise last night to sample some French Bistro fare. Met at the door of what was a full restaurant by the always friendly and smiling staff, we were shown our table right away. I'd been looking forward to eating here since they closed early on our last booking (their fridges broke down) and we missed out.

Cutlery

Tonight was going to be an all in three course deal, didn't want to miss a bit of what was on offer. We started with a couple of dishes of Duck Liver Pate and an Asparagus, Beetroot , Celeriac and Manjimup Black Truffle Salad. This pate, oh wow this pate. It took me back to a period during my apprenticship as a chef where I got to work under a classically trained French chef. He was hopeless at a fast service and he sweated like a pig during it all but my god could this guy cook French food. His pate was to die for and I had never eaten any that came close until last night. Added bonus, it was served with enough bread to see you through to the end of the dish, nothing more annoying than having to ask for more bread etc in those situations. By all reports the salad was nice too but I was too engrossed in my pate to really care.

Duck Liver PateSalad

For mains we ordered the Pork Cutlets, the Veal and a Fillet Mignon everyone loved their main course and what an awesome touch to provide a big bowl of steamed vegetables for the table at no extra charge. Perth restaurants take note, that is good service.

Veal with mashFillet Mignon

All washed down with a lovely earthy bottle of Chateau Maziers 2002. Nice drop for a French wine, not usually that keen on French wines but this was an exception.

Chateau Mazeris

Then the best part of the night was upon us, dessert time.  The Trio of Mini Chef Selection; choc souffle, meringue in creme anglaise and creme brûléeFresh Manjimup Truffle and Cherry Clafoutis with Vanilla ice Cream and a Tart Amandine of Almond and Pear with Chocolate icecream thanks. So delish.

The Trio
TruffleTart Armandine

There is a Classic Menu with some regular dishes alongside a menu du jour which has 5 entrees, 5 mains and 5 desserts that changes daily. All up it came to almost $80.00 a person for food plus corkage at $10 a bottle. Not super cheap but worth every cent, going back again and soon, my new fav.

8.5 Baguettes out of 10

P'tite Ardoise Bistro on Urbanspoon

Comments