THANKS SOCIAL MEDIA

Today I had an awesome result, my family has been unable for the past 4-5 days to locate my grandmother in Bundaberg Qld. This is a direct result of the recent floods in the area. I put a call out on Twitter this morning and 14 people re-tweeted my tweet...


As a direct result of their efforts I received a number of phone numbers that led to my mother being able to finally get in touch with her mum, my grandmother. She's 92 years old and bedridden,  it would have been an awful experience for her to have to be evacuated and this is what we thought had happened. It turns out that she had stayed put and that the aged care facility had just lost comms due to the floods. The numbers we got via the response on twitter sorted that problem out. The power of social media be large. Thanks to all involved and especially to Mieka.

This be those who deserve thanks.















Comments

Tiff said…
Yay to the people of the interwebs. And yay to your good news too.
stu said…
yeah it's pretty awesome :)
Stella said…
YAYY!! Amazing! Thank goodness Grandma Wilma is ok!
stu said…
Yeah, most relieved is my mum :)