SO MUCH JOY IN ONE SIGN

Spotted this morning on a supermarket wall in Wray Avenue, Fremantle.

signage

So where to begin, clearly the misuse of commas is what first grabbed my attention, but as I sat there waiting for the traffic light to change to green, I just kept seeing more and more...

  1. As stated the strangely placed commas
  2. If we take away the commas we are then offered the concerning and somewhat confusing Vita Wheat Cracks. The mind boggles.
  3. I kinda understood what the Arnotts Biscs were so that's okay
  4. Then a gem, the Cotties Cordiel. Whoever wrote this certainly paid attention at school to that stupid rule (don't get me started) of i before e except after c. Sadly in this instance the c is irrelevant as it should read Cottees Cordial. This one has had me chuckling for hours.
  5. Then the finale and oh what a finale it is: Cat comma Food full stop Seafood Rolls. God knows what we would have thought had they not used the comma and the full stop... Cat Food Seafood Rolls?! My god, somebody inform the health department NOW!

Mind you, it all sounds pretty cheap, must shop there.

Comments