OLD PERTH # 23

I've just discovered the most awesome thing. Landgate have released a Perth Metro Aerial Survey from March 1965. You can view it in Google Maps and see what your address and street looked like back in 65. I just did some spying around the street I grew up in in Wilson and wow... my childhood home was just a few years old back then and the street only had a few houses in it...

This is a wide shot of Wilson, Shelley bridge and Leach Hwy are not even begun, farm land to the south east for as far as you can see (now Ferndale)
zooming in on my street Highview Tce
Zooming in on my childhood home
Ingrid at highview tce
My sister out the front of our Highview Tce house (circa 68 ish)
My childhood home and street now
and same shot back then
Click the link at the top of the page and have some fun. Look for things like the Kwinana Freeway ending at Canning Bridge
and drive in movie theatres like the Bentley one, cnr Leach and Albany Hwy if it was still there today
Herdsman Lake, completely drained and used for market gardens

Comments