LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MR VINCE GUARALDI

Vince Guaraldi - b.1928 - d.1976 (aged 47) too soon

I've been on a bit of a quest to expand my music selection/tastes. My days of solid wall to wall trance are firmly behind me (not that I don't still dabble on occasion), I've moved into a smoother sounding phase of my life, uncovering awesome sounds from the likes of Blue Six, Aya and A Vida Azul to name a few. However i've found it very hard to cross into jazz. I know there's a lot of different types of jazz but i've never found one that sits well with me. What I have recently discovered though is the jazz of the Vince Guaraldi Trio and surprisingly their awesome album from 1965 A Charlie Brown Christmas. Yeah I know that sounds weird right? And why would you start your foray into jazz with a Christmas album from a cartoon special? Well I kind of didn't, first up I found this album...


Such a smooth jazz trip, check it out, you might like it. From there I discovered the album they did for the Peanuts special, it's now my go to Christmas album and it's très cool and not as christmasy as you might think...

Comments