TODAY WAS COOKIE DAY AKA VALENTINE'S DAY

 Do I like Valentine's Day? Hey I used to own a gift store, I freaking loved it then. Pack away the xmas tree, unpack the hearts, then it was pack away the hearts and unpack the easter stuff.... and so forth, sales to be had.

But as a guy do I like, okay do I love Valentines Day? To be honest, yeah sure it's fun when you're a couple. If she's into it, if she's not then eh, another day right?! I mean I don't want to sound basic about it and all but it is what it is.


Swing back to two years ago and I'm scrolling through reddit, in particular the Perth sub-reddit and a few months out from Valentine's Day there's a post from a girl asking who's single and who would like cookies delivered to them on Valentine's Day? I read the replies and moved on. I mean I'm a big grown up guy right, why do I want cookies on Valentine's Day. 

Come Valentine's Day and there's another post with all of these amazing comments from people who received the cookies, everyone was just so damn happy! She had baked them all herself and spent the day delivering them across the city.

So this year the cookie girl pops up again and asks who want's cookies this year. And well, I put my hand up, screw my social anxiety, I want cookies on Valentine's Day. Then I forgot about it. Life moves on, Covid sends us into another lockdown, lots of things happened. 

Scoot forward to this morning, I'm in the shower and I think I hear a knock at the door but I'm not sure, they don't knock again so I finish my shower. Get dressed and get sorted to head out and run some errands. I open the door and... COOKIES!!


Oh yeah, that's right! And man, am I happy! The whole package just looks amazing and well, it turns out it's really really nice to get cookies from someone (even if you don't know them, maybe especially) on Valentine's day. Thank you so much cookie girl, you've made a lot of people happy today.




Comments