FOUND PHOTOS: SURF SAFARI

 I've just found some old photos in my "stuff" (the benefit of spending my xmas break getting organised) and whilst they are by no means examples of excellent photography, they are a moment captured in time. In fact, clearly the camera was made from a potato! Either that or I went for the cheap Fuji film stock

Pretty sure this is 1981 or 1982. Myself and three mates, Jeff, Clayton and Dave headed down south to a spot just past Mandurah, called Melros Beach. We were there for a weekend of surfing and drinking, smoking dope and looking to hook up with the local girls. Let's just say we were (as usual) succesful in the surfing, drinking and smoking...

me and "Big Red" heading into the surf at Melros Beach

Dave and Jeff heading in

Dave's Corola stacked with boards

Always sleep with your stick

Me, Dave and Clayton

Don't do drugs kids

Just fun that make you laugh drugs mmmkay

Dave, Clayton and Jeff

Kind of related, I also found this pic of what was then my fav ever T shirt, so loved I felt I needed to snap a pic so I would have it forever. Looks like I thought I could wear it forever too





Comments