LESSONS

So today I finally met the mysterious Andrea Basile, that mystery was solved a few months back in a pretty hilarious way. Anyhoo he's a really cool dude and for the next month or so he'll be teaching me to ride a motorcycle. Today's lesson went really well and I already knew enough to be a week or two ahead of where I normally would be. I'm proud to say that I only stalled the bike every time I tried to start it and move off. I just want to go faster than 1st gear, it's harder to ride in 1st than say 4th or 5th, it'll come. The whole aim of this is so that I can finally start riding the Vespa I brought over from Italy last year.

Vespas 1

On the way home from my lesson I noticed a pile of police and ambulance vehicles in front of me, lights flashing. Then I saw the reason for them all being there, a motorbike crushed under the front fender of a car. The bike rider being in the ambulance already, a sobering reminder that it can be dangerous for bike riders on those roads. Not the kind of thing I wanted to see on day 1 though.

Comments