THE WILDERNESS DOWNTOWN

I was just downloading some tracks via iTunes and it got me wondering if the CD/Album is going the way of the photo album. (I often think about stuff like this late at night) Will we just download in the future? I really like having the CD, it's something tangible, there's the artwork and the lyrics and well I just like to hold something when I've bought it.

I rarely listen to radio so I used to download illegally just so I could get a listen to a track and on the basis of liking or hating it I'd then go buy the actual goods. But lately I've become impatient and I just download (legally), it's cheaper and instant. This week alone I've downloaded Arcade Fire's new album and a bunch of singles and extended plays. Like the post below, the album is out in a week but where would I get hold of the extended version or the Dash Berlin 4AM Mix and the Jorn Van Deynhoven Remix? I mean this is Australia after all and apart from a few specialty stores it's all top 40 baby - yeah man (kill me now).

So it's iTunes or nothing, but for certain artists I'll probably still buy the disc even though I've already downloaded it. I know stupid right? But I just can't let go of the need to have the actual album. What do you do? Buy or download or both like me you insane fools.

Speaking of Arcade Fire, Stella pointed me towards this awesome website by them. So punch your childhood address into the space and sit back and enjoy The Wilderness Downtown. It's a really unique experience.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The last CD i got , I won and it was a signed copy of either Tex or Nick's last cd .

Hence it has gone walkabout together with my My friend the chocolate cake cd .

and how hard do you think that is to find to dl .

Now if i hear something I like i just bt the bitch .

Ooooer a new Arcade Fire , love their intensity .

I gave a usb stick of 2 of their cd's to this chick ,
who i thought suited the music ,
insanely smart , uni degree'd with honours ,
but has a couple of tatts and after she thanked me ,
I find she's pierced in a few places .

It's the digital age , get withthe program -Reb
stu said…
oh I'm with it ya big hipster, I'm just clingin onto some good bits from the past ;)
Anonymous said…
I dl'd the suburbs , it lacked intensity and didn't get going till half light 2 ,
then it rminded me of The Wall CD .

Anyway if you want a challenge you
could ty and get all CD covers they've released ,
und it's 12 inch single on vinyl !!!
http://www.arcadefire.com/the-suburbs/

-Reb